Quiche is such a delicious breakfast food! And when you’re trying to eat healthier or low carb, quiche is usually not the option you go for.
To stick to your low carb diet, you go for the next best option… a frittata.
Are frittata’s delicious? Of course they are! But sometimes you want the crust. And as delicious as a frittata or an omelette may be, they just feel incomplete sometimes.
I no longer believe in deprivation. If I want to eat quiche, I’m gonna have me some quiche! And better yet, I’m gonna have Low Carb Tomato Goat Cheese Mini Quiche.
The difference is that now I make the crust with coconut flour and olive oil. And the result is pure yumminess…
- Coconut Flour to Regular Flour Ratio
- Healthy Eating and Intermittent Fasting: What Healthy Is and How to Make It Sustainable
- Two Things to Cut from Your Diet to Lose Weight Effortlessly
100% ADORABLE FATHER APPROVED
Yesterday, when I had this quiche recipe in the oven, I was on the phone chatting with my dad. He’s in the Dominican Republic and four hours ahead of me here in Seattle. So he had already eaten dinner.
I showed him the result when I pulled the mini quiches out of the oven. He first told me he was jealous. Then immediately asked me to make them for him when we meet up in Florida for our family Christmas celebration.
Let me tell you, there’s no bigger compliment to me than my father wanting to eat my food. He’s lived with my mom for more than 45 years and she’s an incredible cook!
My mom is “that mom” that all the friends come around to eat her food. I’m not just biased because she’s my mom. She can make the most common dish an unforgettable experience.
She inspires me every day! And, if you haven’t guessed it, my dad does too. Just not in the kitchen, he can’t cook to save his life, lol.
Without further ado, here’s the recipe…
LOW CARB TOMATO GOAT CHEESE MINI QUICHE RECIPE
This mini quiche recipe has a coconut flour crust, with a flavorful combination of tomato, Italian parsley, and goat cheese. Eat this delicious low carb tomato goat cheese mini quiche for breakfast, lunch, or as a snack!
1/4 cup organic coconut flour
1/4 tsp Xantham gum
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup ice cold water
QUICHE EGG FILLING INGREDIENTS:
3 large free range eggs
1/2 organic heirloom tomato, diced
1/3 cup crumbled goat cheese
1 Tbsp minced Italian parsley
1/4 tsp garlic powder
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
1 Tbsp Parmesan cheese, optional
QUICHE CRUST INSTRUCTIONS:
- In a bowl, combine coconut flour, Xantham gum, and sea salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat ice cold water and olive oil until it becomes opaque and thicker.
- Add dry ingredients to the oil and water mixture and combine well.
- Use a non-stick pan (this is the one I used), or add baking spray to six sections of a cupcake pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 350°.
QUICHE FILLING INSTRUCTIONS:
- While the quiche crust is baking, dice the tomatoes, and mince the parsley.
- In a bowl, beat 3 large eggs. Add parsley, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Beat until all is well combined.
- Once the quiche cups have been removed from the oven, leave in baking pan. Divide diced tomatoes and goat cheese evenly into each quiche cup.
- Fill with egg mixture. Use a spoon to ensure there aren’t any air pockets between the egg mixture, the tomatoes, and the goat cheese.
- Bake for 18 minutes. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese (optional) and bake for 3 more minutes.
- Remove from oven, cool, and eat warm or cold. Enjoy!
BEFORE YOU GO…
Comment below and let me know what your favorite quiche flavor is.
And don’t forget to grab the free Fit and Healthy Conversions Cheat Sheets below. They give you measurements and conversions for healthier food options. It comes in very handy in the kitchen!